This ancient technique of massage originated in Thailand over 2000 years ago and incorporates aspects of Shiatsu, reflexology, Traditional Chinese Medicine, acupressure, Ayurveda and yoga.
The person’s hand, feet and lower legs are massaged using a variety of massage pressures and the reflex points on both the hands and feet are stimulated, following the energy lines of the body which in turn stimulates the associated internal organs.
Thai hand and foot massage is an extremely relaxing therapy which can help to significantly increase flexibility and comfort in all the areas which are directly massaged.
Some of the benefits of this type of massage are:
– Improved circulation
– Nourishment of the tissues to encourage healing
– Better immunity
– Relief of muscular tension and fatigue
– Increased flexibility
– Improved posture
– Helps to relieve aches and pains
– Improved joint mobility
– Reduced blood pressure
– Reduced stress and anxiety
– Better sleep
– Aids the elimination of toxins
– Promotes clearer thinking
– Improves concentration and productivity.
I work at the Arcturus Clinic in Totnes, South Devon and can also visit your home or workplace (there may be an additional charge for fuel depending on distance).